Posts Tagged ‘Quaternitys’
As I was meditating on the well known Proverb of the Virtuous Woman, I noticed that four distinct qualities are attributed to her. The interesting part is that when the verses are broken down into descriptions of her qualities of virtue, the Proverb seems to naturally fall into a pattern of 4 verses that define the action of each attribute. This gives us a good understanding of what God considers to be virtuous qualities.
1. Strength of character
Pro.31:10 Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.
11. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13. She seeks wool, and flax, and works willingly with her hands.
14. She is like the merchants’ ships; she brings her food from afar.
15. She rises also while it is yet night, and gives meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16. She considers a field, and buys it: with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
17. She girds her loins with strength, and strengthens her arms.
18. She perceives that her merchandise is good: her candle goes not out by night.
19. She holds her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20. She stretches out her hand to the poor; yea, she reaches forth her hands to the needy.
21. She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22. She makes herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23. Her husband is known in the gates, when he sits among the elders of the land.
24. She makes fine linen, and sells it; and delivers girdles unto the merchant.
25. Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come
26. She opens her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27. She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
29. Many daughters have done virtuously, but you excel them all.
30. Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
31. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.